A few years ago, I learned the best hack on how to change a duvet cover. It was life-changing!! It used to take me an embarrassing long time to change my duvet cover, and now it’s done in UNDER TWO MINUTES.
I like to change my duvet cover and sheets frequently to match the season or my mood, so this hack saves me so much time.
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I may earn money or products from any of the companies mentioned in this post. Purchasing through an affiliate link comes at no extra cost to you. Note that my recommendations are included because I think they are they are helpful and useful, not because of commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
Follow these simple steps on how to change a duvet cover FAST! (or watch the video below)
1) Turn your duvet cover inside out.
2) Lay your duvet cover on the bed with the opening at the foot of the bed.
3) Lay your duvet insert/comforter on top of the duvet cover on the bed.
4) Tie/clip your duvet cover to duvet insert. (If applicable – not all duvet covers have ties.)
5) Starting at the head of the bed, roll the duvet and duvet cover like a burrito towards the foot of the bed.
6) Reach your hands inside the opening of the duvet cover, grab the corner (being sure to grab both the insert and cover) and pull to invert. Repeat with the other side.
7) Button/snap/tie/zip the bottom of your duvet cover to close.
8) Unroll towards the head of your bed.
9) Smooth and fluff!
Are you a more visual person? Watch me change my duvet cover here:
Can it get any easier? I’d love to hear from you on what hacks you use in your house.
Want to Shop the Look?
Duvet cover: Pottery Barn Sienna Paisley Duvet Cover (no longer available, but similar prints available on potterybarn.com)
Coverlet: Ikea ALINA
Eurosham pillow inserts: Ikea FJÄDRAR
On our nightstands: The 5 Minute Journal (more to come on this in a future post!)
Read More Everyday Practical Advice
Receive Weekly Life Hacks and Other Practical Information