With strawberry season upon us, I wanted to share this simple hack to keep strawberries fresh. Before using this method, I was throwing out endless strawberries covered in mold. Now, with this simple trick, I can keep strawberries fresh for up to two weeks!
Simple Hack to Keep Strawberries Fresh
How to Keep Strawberries Fresh
1) Place your strawberries in a bowl and fill with 1/2 cup vinegar and 3 cups water. (You may need to do more or less water/vinegar depending on how many strawberries you have.)
2) Let sit for 5 minutes.
3) Drain and rinse in colander.
4) Lay strawberries on paper towel to dry. You can pat dry them as well, but it’s important to get rid of any extra moisture.
5) Line a bowl with paper towels.
6) Put strawberries in the paper towel-lined bowl. Partially cover, leaving lid cracked a bit.
7) Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This will keep strawberries fresh and mold free! (And don’t worry, they won’t taste like vinegar!)
WANT TO RECEIVE HACKS LIKE THIS ONE TO YOUR INBOX?
Email subscribers receive a new life hack each week!
Join our list today! You will receive a weekly email with the latest posts added to Jac of All Things, as well as a weekly “Did you know” tidbit of information or life hack to make your life easier. Simply provide your email address below.